VEHICLE WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
This warranty applies to new VEHICLES sold through an authorised dealer and used within Australia.
We warrant that within the warranty period we will repair or replace free of charge any VEHICLE component found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal operation with the exception of any items listed under “what is not covered”.
We provide this warranty for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase, after which time the warranty against defects expires.
Manhattan and Kymco only - If you have your vehicle serviced exclusively at an authorised dealer, then you may be entitled to a further one (1) year extension of the warranty period.
The additional one (1) year warranty will only apply on the following conditions:
1. All servicing of your vehicle must have been carried out by an authorised VEHICLE dealer in accordance with the service schedule outlined in this warranty handbook.
The recommended service schedule:
First service - 500km
Service two 3000km and every 3000km or 12 months after that.
2. All servicing must have been carried out according to the procedures and specifications set forth in your owners manual, for maintenance schedules specific to your scooter
3. Any parts of the vehicle that have been replaced must have been replaced by genuine or VEHICLE approved service and replacement parts.
4. You must provide your service history and any relevant documents as required by VEHICLE for inspection.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Including but not limited to:
• Consumable items that have a limited working
life, batteries, tyre, filters, clutch plates, brake pads and linings, drive chain and sprockets (Scooters Belt and Rollers), cables, spark plugs, steering head bearings, wheel bearings, bearing and bushes, seals, fork seals and drive belts, unless these items are found to be defective in materials or workmanship.
• Any adjustments or replacements necessary
to maintain roadworthiness unless they result from defective VEHICLE components or faulty workmanship.
• Superficial damage such as cosmetic or
surface corrosion from stone chips or
scratches in any painted or plated surface.
• The cost of normal maintenance or service
including any adjustments that are part of the scheduled servicing recommended by VEHICLE.
• Operating noises or vibrations, which are normal
operating characteristic for the model.
• Any consequential loss, expense, injury
or damage including loss of time or
inconvenience or reduction in value and freight costs incurred shipping to or from a VEHICLE dealer.
• Failure of a VEHICLE component or assembly
due to overloading, misuse, abuse, neglect, or modification, including the fitting of performance enhancing parts or accessories.
• Any repairs required as a result of continued
operation of the vehicle once a defect or fault has occurred.
• Failure of a VEHICLE component as
a consequence of the unit having
been repaired after an accident or returned to a useable condition as a repairable write-off.
• Mechanical or performance failures caused by
Contaminated petrol, oil or coolant.
• Deterioration or damage to a VEHICLE component
caused by inadequate application or lack of application of waxes or polishes required to protect painted and plated surfaces from environmental conditions.
6. A CLAIM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WHEN
• The unit has been used for a purpose for which it was
• The unit has been used or tested in preparation for
any form of motorsport.
• The unit has been used to tow a trailer that exceeds
the manufacturer’s stated towing capacity
• The unit has been modified or changed from the
manufacturer’s original specifications.
• The unit was not imported by Authorized Importer.
The benefits provided to you under this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies available under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
7. YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER
• The vehicle must be operated and maintained in
accordance with the procedures and instructions found in the owners manual.
• It is a condition of this warranty that your vehicle
must be maintained by an authorised VEHICLE dealer or a licensed motorcycle / scooter repairer. While it is your choice, we strongly recommend that you obtain your maintenance and routine servicing from an authorised dealer to enjoy the full benefits conveyed by this warranty.
• Keep a record of the maintenance services in
• As soon as possible after a failure that you feel
might be covered under warranty you must:
• Take reasonable steps to prevent further
• Take you vehicle to the VEHICLE dealer from
whom you purchased it or if this is not
possible, the closest VEHICLE dealer
8. WARRANTY QUESTIONS AND
Q. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I FIND A FAULT WITH MY VEHICLE?
A. Immediately contact your authorised dealer and arrange for an inspection. Warranty related repairs must be carried out by an authorised VEHICLE dealer.
Q. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORT COSTS?
A. As the owner, you must bear the cost of transporting the unit to the dealer’s place of business including any other costs such as accommodation, car hire, telephone etc.
Q.DOES THE WARRANTY COVER REPAIRS WHICH ARE REQUIRED AS A RESULT OF CONTINUED USE OF A UNIT WHICH HAS A WARRANTY RELATED FAULT?
A. No. Warranty only covers the original component failure.
To avoid any subsequent damage, faults must be rectified as soon as possible after they are detected.
Q. WHAT ITEMS WILL BE AT MY EXPENSE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD?
A. All charges for routine servicing and adjustments including consumable and normal wear and tear items such as filters, oils, brake and clutch linings, cables, globes, batteries, chains, spark plugs, tyres, bearings and bushes, seals, brake discs and drums, and wheel balancing.
Q. SHOULD I KEEP MY VEHICLE IN THE SERVICE CARE OF MY AUTHORISED VEHICLE DEALER?
A. Yes. We strongly recommend that you retain the expert and professional technical services which only your authorised VEHICLE dealer can offer. It’s important to retain a service history of preventative maintenance for verification of entitlement to repairs under warranty.
Q. IS THE WARRANTY TRANSFERABLE TO A SECOND OWNER?
A. Yes, provided that all of the conditions of the warranty, including complete service history of routine services & maintenance have been met. The extended warranty on your scooter explained in section 4 of this booklet is not transferable
There are no products matching the selection.